Saturday, September 21, 2013

Water Vapor...Where does it go?

Recently, during our science lesson about the 3 states of water (liquid, solid, gas), I boiled a little water in a pot on the stove to demonstrate how high heat can cause water to evaporate into the air in the form of steam, which becomes the water vapor/gas  in the air.  My 4 year old grandson asked me where the water vapor goes. (He had been watching the steam rise up, then disappear from sight.) To keep my explanation simple for my grandchildren to understand, I told him, and his 3 year old sister, that the water vapor goes into the sky and makes a cloud.  I then told my grandchildren to go look out the window to see the clouds. 

Excitedly, they ran to the screened door window and looked up to the sky.  My grandson exclaimed, "Mammaw...I can see the cloud we cooked!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No foul language or personal attacks will be tolerated on this blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.