Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Flowers in My Garden" craft project...


This is such a cute art project (made from construction paper or card stock) that also visually depicts the height of each child at the age in which his/her photo was taken.  At the base of each flower is a patch of grass made out of construction paper or card stock.  The grass is taped to the baseboard along the wall  and each flower is taped to the wall above the grass.  The child is a beautiful flower "growing" up out of the grass.  I did not show the grass because on the grass below each flower is the name of the child, his/her age, and height in inches.  (Too much information to make public. lol!)

The first and second flowers show my two grandchildren.   The third flower shows their mother (my daughter) when she attended pre-school.  When she was small I taught pre-school classes at a local day care center.  I have kept her flower all of these years, never knowing that I would end up using it, as well as the flowers of  her children, to decorate my own homeschool classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No foul language or personal attacks will be tolerated on this blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.