Friday, January 13, 2012

A little about the poet, Robert Frost...

Robert Frost, poet and winner of 4 Pulitzer Prizes, was homeschooled as a young child and he also homeschooled his own children.  He made this comment, "I still say the only education worth anything is self-education."

Frost also said, "Education is hanging around until you've caught on."



http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/slideshows/family-matters/10-celebrity-parents-who-homeschool-their-children/page/9/

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I learn just as much as my sons when we school! I never want to stop learning.

    And the Dr. Drill & Fill is such a neat toy!! I've never seen anything like that. You're doing a great job, Ada. Very rewarding, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Angela, homeschooling enables the parents to learn right alongside the children. I never knew just how much I didn't know until I began homeschooling my children. Very rewarding indeed!

      Delete

No foul language or personal attacks will be tolerated on this blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.