There have been various studies done to determine the level of social skills obtained by students who are homeschooled vs. students who attend public school.
Below is a link to one such study. I found it interesting because the students being observed were from my own home region. This study confirmed what I had already been observing during the years I was homeschooling my children: that as a group, homeschooled kids have better social skills / better behavior than kids who attend the public schools.
I have obtained permission from the author to provide this link on my blog:
http://www.tomsmedley.com/SSS01.pdf
A link to the results of other studies which confirm these findings:
http://hslda.org/docs/nche/000000/00000068.asp
We have never been more excited about the idea of school! Jason has been telling everyone "My Aunt Ada is going to be MY teacher!"....."I get to go to my Aunt Ada's school!".....when he was told by a friend what teacher they would have this school year Jason says so proudly "I have ADA!" He doesn't want to go to public school! Most kids can't wait, but Jason has never been excited about public school! I think it is GOD working in his life telling him where he needs to be! He is a boy who was saved at 4 years old and baptized at 5! He is a special boy! I am so proud of him! I am so BLESSED! GOD has given my child such a wonderful start to life and will continue to work in him! Jason talks about being a preacher when he gets older! WOW!!!!! I am blown away! Ada....I am also blessed with such a wonderful sister as you! Not many people would offer to teach their children family or not! GOD has put us together as sisters for a reason! You have a GIFT! I thank GOD for you every day! Love YOU!
ReplyDeleteLindsay
I love you, too, very much!
ReplyDeleteMy dear sister, who wrote the comment above, has now decided to try homeschooling on her own. I will help her in any way I can to make her job easier and ensure her success. God bless you, Lindsay!
ReplyDelete