Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homeschool Curriculum I Have Tried and Liked...

The list of sources/publishers of homeschool curriculum is practically endless, but the one I buy from most is Christian Book Distributors. (CBD)  http://www.christianbook.com They sell curriculum from various publishers at discounted prices. From them you will find curriculum such as this:

Accelerated Christian Education (ACE/School of Tomorrow) - workbook format, easy to implement & great for beginning homeschoolers who are unsure of what they are doing (which was me at one time! lol!) Actually, it is a good curriculum for all ages if you prefer workbooks.  DVDs with instructors are available for high school math.  http://www.aceministries.com

Great ideas for preschoolers & kindergarten can be found at:  http://totallytots.homestead.com & http://www.busybeekidscrafts.com


Bob Jones University has homeschool curriculum (textbooks) for all grade levels with video/DVD/or online instruction available.  http://www.bjupress.com


Streams of Civilization is a world history course for high school which can be purchased from CBD.

Answers in Genesis has a host of creation science curriculum/DVDs  http://answersingenesis.org
and Christian Liberty Press has curriculum for all grade levels  http://christianlibertypress.com , also available from CBD. 

For the last half of my homeschool journey, I used books/DVDs/videos from various publishers.  I did not buy all of my curriculum from just one publisher.  I shopped around in order to find curriculum which would appeal to each individual child, which would suit his/her needs the best, as well as what was more cost effective.  I was so glad when I discovered Christian Book Distributors.  They have just about everything a Christian homeschooling family would need. 

I have heard good things about the Horizons curriculum for the lower grades, and Teaching Textbooks for upper level Math, and Mystery of History for middle school.   I plan to use these later, as I homeschool my grandchildren. 

Please feel free to leave a comment with your own homeschooling curriculum favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No foul language or personal attacks will be tolerated on this blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.