Sunday, December 16, 2012

Home (self) Made Christmas Ornaments 2012...


Ornaments are made from salt dough: 1 cup salt, 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup warm water.  Mix and then knead.  Roll out and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.  Bake at 200 degrees F. for 1 to 3 hours, depending on how thick they are.  Using tongs, turn shapes over to expose the underside.  Return to bake for an hour more.   Allow to cool completely before painting or decorating with glue and glitter.  

(My 4 year old grandson loves these ornaments that he helped paint.)

I think I will get out my smallest Christmas tree (from last year) and set it up in our classroom so my grandson can make good use of these ornaments.  A photo will soon follow...

2 comments:

No foul language or personal attacks will be tolerated on this blog.